In an ideal world, unlimited budget and infinite supply of diamonds will allow anyone to buy the most beautiful and flawless diamonds out there. But, in the real work, it is not so. While there are a number of stunning diamonds out there, you need to know which one is right for you.
Picking the best diamond for your engagement ring is not difficult, if you keep a few things in mind. Different factors will contribute to the beauty and the price of the diamond you choose. Here are some of the top factors that needs to be taken into consideration –
- The first thing you need to look into is the carat weight. It is the actual weight of the diamond and not the size of the diamond. While getting a bigger diamond is always great, one should not compromise on the quality of the diamond when doing so.
- About 75 percent of the diamonds sold in the market worldwide are round shaped, but you do not have to just select from round ones. While there is no hierarchy as to which shape is better, it is only personal choice that can help you decide which one you want. The second most popular shape of diamonds after the round diamonds are the princess cuts. You can also find cushion cuts that have a vintage look. If you are looking for something different and unique, you can opt for oval cut, asscher cut or radiant cut diamonds.
- Another important factor is the cut. It refers to the diamond’s finish and proportions and is an important feature when it comes to determining its beauty. Cut is graded in five different categories – poor, fair, good, very good and excellent.
- Another naturally occurring feature of all diamonds is inclusions. It is unique for each diamond. These can be find in different forms and helps in identifying a diamond.
- The color of the diamond refers to how much warm tint is in the diamond. One can choose from range D that is colourless to Z that is strongly tinted yellow or brown. Pure white diamonds are considered the most desirable and are among the most expensive ones.
While all of these factors are important consideration when looking for the best diamond for your engagement ring, you need to make sure that the diamond you pick is within your budget and you love it.